Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. This creates a very exciting workplace that allows our employees to continuously expand their knowledge in all facets of digital marketing, while becoming industry thought leaders.
The Sr. Revenue Accountant will report directly to the Revenue Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that monthly billed amounts are within contract and credit limits. This position will not only perform billing tasks, but will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, recording and reconciling accounts, assisting with credit and collections, and various ad hoc projects.
- Assist with reviewing and approving invoices & Credit/Debit adjustments created by the Billing Analysts.
- Ensure that revenue is recognized in the proper periods and is within GAAP guidance.
- Perform month-end revenue related Journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are in compliance with customer contracts (in both dollars and units). Contracts may span over a three to six-month period, therefore applicant must be efficient and effective at retaining documentation for all prior billing months.
- Work with customers and operations department to research and resolve billing discrepancies and disputes.
- Work with the collections department to research and resolve credit issues or discrepancies (involves working closely with the sales and operations departments to ensure accuracy and contract compliance of disputed items).
- Identify short-pays and generate credit memos (involves working with both the accounting and operations departments to accurately research, document and record credits).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in progressive accounts receivable/billing roles.
- Knowledge and experience in US GAAP including chart of accounts, journal entries, balance sheets, and reconciliation.
- Must possess problem recognition and resolution skills.
- Must have highly developed analytical abilities, able to analyze situations, present/defend conclusions and recommend action plans.
- Must have a willingness to delve into a problem and understand the root cause.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, mathematical and follow-up skills are required.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.