Sr. Director of Accounting Process Improvements at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Twilio, Facebook, and Snap, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As the Sr Director of Accounting Process Improvement, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. You'll work directly with our Controller, CFO and other departments to make meaningful, long lasting end-to-end process improvements. You'll focus on process improvements, streamlining operations, helping with various accounting related needs (including support ongoing audits), and drive progress in ambiguity. This role ensures that platform strategies are aligned with business processes, plannings, and management of the eco-system. The successful candidate should have a solid track record of delivering complex transformation projects/programs across the value chain, building effective business partnerships, leading business process, streamlining processes including automation and digitization, and cost management while ensuring a positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork to achieve common goals.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively identifies, prioritizes, governs and leads cross functional transformation initiatives that directly impact the company's defined strategic objectives, with a focus on accounting and operational processes, operating model and systems.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with cross functional business peers to solicit input and provides updates and risk assessment on process and system initiatives as necessary.
- Drives organizational adoption of business transformation initiatives by partnering with the functional departments to support the training and on boarding of technology and system innovation.
- Responsible for migrating out of legacy applications and into ERP solutions for core business processes as needed. Additionally, responsible to strategize, recommend and execute bolt on applications to the core applications depending on the business model.
- Leads the development and assessment of new concepts to support the business strategy and provide recommendations to leverage technology for competitive advantage, internal efficiency and improved service.
- Establishes strong governance of transformation program and be hands-on when needed while managing project schedules, technical risk, issue management, and deliverable tracking.
- Effectively communicates with peers and business management executives to provide program updates and risks and seek exec guidance as needed.
- Drives training and knowledge transfer sessions to train post go-live support teams so that they can efficiently and immediately support the business.
- Maintain compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures.
- Communicates with the executives on business transformation matters that impact the company operations.
- Key leader and contributor to the transformation of IT and to the business processes enabled by the core IT applications.
- Define multi-year investment roadmap in alignment with IT cost models that delivers tangible/bottom line business value.
- Key contributor to solution aspects of annual planning process, ensuring application roadmaps and project cost estimates create aggressive, yet achievable plans.
- Actively engage in business steering committees to identify opportunities to reduce business or IT cost, increase revenue, and align with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Accounting support:
- Helps conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings and reporting and performs high-level inquiries/reviews as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency of reported data.
- Researching and document US GAAP technical memos.
- Managing and interact with external auditors as needed.
- Resolving high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of experience in Accounting roles and business transformation initiatives.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and learning and development skills required
- Proven track record of successfully managing a growth business.
- Change agent, ability to influence large scale complex programs and alignment with stakeholders
- Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change
- Experience launching or managing ERP.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- An excellent team player
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Dog-friendly open office
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry