LegalZoom is the nation’s leading provider of personalized, online legal solutions and legal documents for small businesses and families. We are a high-growth, fast-paced company, with a mission to disrupt the legal industry by bringing great legal help to people at a reasonable price. We believe in hard work, passion for what we do and how we deliver, and innovation in all areas of the organization.
As part of this dynamic team, the Global Finance team is seeking an accounting professional who is familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, business practices, and procedures. We seek an individual who embraces challenges and can rely on his/her experience, educational background and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The Senior Accountant is a critical member of the General Ledger team and responsible for the accurate recording and reconciliation of our accounting transactions. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, reliable and collaborative team player, and someone who takes initiative to resolve issues and effect change.
What you’ll do:
- Provide ownership over the following areas of accounting including but not limited to: operating expenses, fixed assets, capitalized internal-use software, debt and derivatives, cash and investments, intercompany transactions, consolidations
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, annual close cycles including journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analyses of income statement and balance sheet line items
- Prepare consolidated financial reports and manage internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement and related disclosures
- Work actively and timely with external auditors, and assist with tax audits and other audits as necessary
- Assist with the review and documentation of existing internal controls and provide proactive recommendations on various accounting cycles
- Coordinate project management over close activities including those with our subsidiaries
- Assist with strengthening the month-end process complete with a close calendar
- Perform technical accounting research as necessary
- Ad-hoc reporting and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Active CPA is required
- 3-5 years of public accounting and/or private company experience
- Strong internal controls background and excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office including advanced in Excel
- Ability to comprehend new technical accounting standards and apply to areas of ownership
- Ability to interact and work with various business units to resolve issues
- Critical thinking and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Collaboration and able to work within a team environment
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple deliverables
- Technology and/or Software industry experience preferred
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.