Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Fandango at Fandango
Fandango is currently seeking a talented and experienced Chief Financial Officer who will oversee teams in both the U.S. and Latin America; divisions based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Lima, Peru. We are looking for a seasoned leader to be the “authority” of the numbers and financial models, and to help advance the company’s financial management and strategy. The CFO will partner with the President of Fandango and the executive team to provide the leadership that will enable the company to move aggressively towards achieving its growth plans. The CFO will be responsible for the strategic development, long-range planning, and financial accounting and controls and will help prioritize initiatives, evaluate and enhance both Corporate Development and Business Development opportunities. The company is looking for an extremely detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Provide high level financial modeling and analysis and be well-versed in the creation of robust, scalable, and flexible financial models. The CFO will need to take a creative approach to this process, be analytical and business minded, and must be able to dig into the details to analyze and understand causes of budget/actual variances.
- Ensure all financial statements and reports are prepared and presented in a timely manner, including income statements, balance sheets, cash-flow statements and variance analyses.
- Lead annual Long Range Plan process, preparation, and modeling, including company strategic plan and is required to present to senior management.
- Lead annual Budget process including: prepare business unit operating plans and goals, review department budget proposals, prepare supporting documentation, and present to NBCUniversal executive management.
- Lead cross-functional teams on M&A opportunities and perform valuation analysis and drive due diligence process.
- Maintain and enhance strong controllership environment.
- Drive profitable growth by improving visibility, forecasting, consolidation and analysis of results and key metrics while advising senior management on insights and recommended actions.
- Hire, train, supervise, mentor and motivate finance and accounting personnel.
- Be a liaison with external partners, including external and internal audit and 3rd party product owners.
• Proven success as the CFO, VP Finance, or lead divisional finance executive of a business.
• Bachelor's Degree required. MBA and/or CPA a plus.
• Minimum 15 years of broad finance experience in increasingly responsible positions.
• Proven successful track record working in entertainment, digital media and/or e-commerce business models.
• Global or multi-national business experience preferred.
• Expertise in financial planning systems (e.g. Essbase, SAP), Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience with SAP a plus.
• Experience applying financial planning and analysis to a broad range of business problems and opportunities in a strategic and proactive manner.
• Demonstrated ability to be strategic, yet hands-on.
• Proven excellent presentation, communication and organization skills.
• Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be available and willing to travel globally and work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs.
• Must possess strong strategic and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
• Strong leader of a room and persuasive communicator of a vision.
• Ability to provide thoughtful, strategic insights in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership
• Must be an excellent team player that possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills and is able to interact with all levels of management.
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
• High energy level and a strong work ethic, someone who is self-driven and is an independent thinker
• Results-oriented, decisive.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities.
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.