Senior Underwriter at ForwardLine Financial
ForwardLine is a fast-growing, non-bank lender dedicated to providing simple, fast, and affordable financing to America’s Main Street businesses. An innovator in the industry since 2003, we are currently implementing an aggressive national growth strategy.
Our company is looking for a dynamic and self-starter Senior Underwriter, to join our team and help us with our loan origination process to help ForwardLine take small business owners through our fast and convenient borrowing experience.
What we need:
Our Senior Underwriter will be overseeing the risk assessment process, ensuring that loan applicants are who they say they are, and that the data they have supplied is accurate. They will be responsible for providing support to our underwriting and sales team, while bringing an inquisitive, customer-centric view to the role – balancing out the need to limit credit risk in a customer-focused manner.
Senior Underwriter Responsibilities:
- Gather and evaluate small business financial information to determine applicant creditworthiness, ensuring loan compliance with Company and regulatory requirements
- Underwrite loans by analyzing business history, financials, and credit profiles to comply with company policies
- Perform analysis of complex business and personal financial statements and tax returns
- Ensure proper pre-funding quality control steps are taken on all loans
- Exhibit a sense of urgency towards meeting applicant requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters - Maintaining company standards for productivity and compliance of underwriting turnaround standards
- Provide frequent communication to all parties involved in transactions in a positive and constructive manner
- Actively engage with underwriting prep team for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files
- Perform other required duties, as requested
Senior Underwriter Requirements:
- 3+ years of underwriting experience within a lending organization, online, credit card and/or installment loans preferred
- 2+ years of small business lending experience
- Knowledge and understanding of loan related transactions, compliance, lending practices and risks
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret loan documents
- Ability to function in a team environment, manage time effectively, and use applicable software applications
- Bachelor’s degree
Senior Underwriter Benefits/Perks:
- Health, dental, vision, 401k available
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A dynamic, team-oriented office environment
- A comfortable, relaxed casual dress code
- Rewards, recognition, company events, and other fun stuff
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.