Senior Tax Analyst at ServiceTitan
ServiceTitan is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. This position will report to the Indirect Tax Manager and will enjoy a high level of visibility and impact to our rapidly-growing startup.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly indirect tax returns (sales and use tax, VAT, GST/HST/QST/PST, telecommunications tax, property tax)
- Assist with preparing technical schedules and memos, including but not limited to SaaS, VOIP, Wayfair, nexus analysis, taxability review, software, system integration, internally developed software, M&A, etc.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation, analysis, and related journal entries for indirect tax accounting areas
- Perform technical tax research and assessments
- Understand the risk framework and apply tax risk mitigation techniques throughout job duties
- Liaise with state tax advisors and state agencies/authorities
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned by the Indirect Tax Manager
What You'll Need:
- A bachelor/master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
- 5+ years of public accounting, industry and/or governmental experience
- Experience with compliance, audit and/or reverse audits
- Detailed orientated and organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with ASC 450 (FAS 5) analysis
- Active or pursuing CPA/CMI is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with SaaS is a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems (Intacct/Workday), Tax Engines (AvaTax and Avalara Communications), and/or Data Analysis (Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI, IDEA, ACL, Visio) is a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.