Senior Staff Accountant at WELL Health, Inc.
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. As the Senior Staff Accountant, you will report directly to our Controller. You are someone that has a strong background in Accounting and feels comfortable owning several, critical day to day tasks including AR, AP, and bookkeeping. You would be responsible for receiving payments, answering customer and vendor questions, preparing adjusting journal entries, preparing revenue schedules, and sending invoices.
By owning these tasks, you will play an essential role in assisting in maintaining proper records as WELL continues to scale. You are seeking the opportunity to develop along with a growing business. You will be joining a small team so you will have the opportunity to contribute in building out processes. We are looking for someone to take our Accounting functions to the next level. You are excited at the idea of rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.
This is the right role for you if you are looking for your next opportunity at a growing startup. You have a growth mindset and are looking to learn new things. In this role you will get exposed to all areas of the business, and you will quickly get a feel for how the company operates. You will work dynamically across many teams, including: Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Data, and Engineering.
- Managing Accounts Receivable by:
- Keeping track of Sales’ wins
- Determining customer usage
- Preparing and scheduling invoices
- Ensuring customers’ timely payments
- Managing Accounts Payable by:
- Keeping track of who we owe and when
- Maintaining vendor contracts and credit card payments
- Assisting in month close activities, yearly internal audits, and preparing financial reports for investors
- Preparing monthly commissions and semi-monthly payroll
- Identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Has MSA, CPA, or CPA in progress
- Public accounting experience or equivalent
- 2-3+ years of recent accounting experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good business sense
- High intellectual acuity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly focused on producing quality, clean work. You are someone that is obsessed with accuracy.
- Quickbooks experience
- Salesforce experience
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- In depth understanding of accrual accounting
- Understanding of ASC606 revenue standards
- SAAS or start-up experience
- Experience with Looker or other business intelligence software
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. For this role we are looking for candidates who are already located in Southern California. WELL’s Finance team is based in the greater Santa Barbara area. The ideal candidate is able to work out of the Santa Barbara office or the (forthcoming) LA office a few days a month and can report to HQ as needed. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.