Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Who are you?
We invite you to join us for an exciting and rewarding experience, as a Senior Staff Accountant, in our fast-growing LA based team. The Senior Staff Accountant is someone who works fast and smart, consistently improves on the status-quo. This position is a critical role that reports to the Director, Finance & Controller.
- Assist with month-end close process; specifically, Ad Sales Revenue
- Prepare Supporting Schedules to the Financial Statements, Accounts Receivable and Sales
- Prepare AR Analyses on a monthly basis
- Reconcile Sales and Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries on a monthly basisWork with Sale and Campaign Operation leads to ensure business needs are met on a monthly basis
- Ensure calendar items are met on a monthly basis
- Manage deferred revenue scheduled and revenue recognition on a monthly basis
- Lead Nativo’s collection efforts
Systems and Compliance:
- Own revenue management system, The Nativo Platform
- Help develop information system controls and general internal controls with the Director of Finance and Controller
- Help develop Nativo Corporate policies as it relates to Revenue
- Help develop Internal Accounting Guidance with the Director of Finance and Controller
- Own Billing Process – Ensure proper revenue items are billed and reconciled to the platform
- BS/BA is required; CPA a plus
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Accounting Required
- Advanced Excel Skills required (sumifs, countifs, and cube)
- Must have knowledge of Financial Systems – NetSuite/QuickBooks/Workday/Oracle/SAP
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based tools and Robotic process automation a plus
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Must work well under pressure, exhibit excellent organizational abilities, set and meet deadlines, be confident in managing several priorities in a day; must be dependable, adaptable, creative, and self-motivated
- Must be detail and results-oriented, as well as able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment; adaptability & flexibility are key
- Ability to manage multiple projects and requests
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Nativo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, or to any Nativo employees. Nativo will not pay fees to any third part agency firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.