Senior Revenue Accountant
We’re looking for a Senior RAccountant to join our Revenue Accounting team. In this role, you’ll have both general ledger-related responsibilities, as well as assist with the proper application of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606). Some of your activities include monthly close, balance sheet account reconciliations, international accounting, and reviewing contracts for proper revenue and recognition application. You’ll work with cross-functional teams and interact with our external auditors during the annual audits. As Procore’s Senior Accountant, you’re able to work a fast-paced high growth environment, are a self-starter, and able to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships and liaise across various business groups including finance, sales, and legal
- Provide appropriate treatment for US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606 and Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) by reviewing contracts, validating proper recognition in financial systems, drafting memos and providing input to sales
- Work with FP&A and other business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include analyzing accounts, performing calculations, preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliation, preparing reports and financial statements, and resolving issues as needed
- Assist with internal and/or external audit requests as required
- Drive to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process and help streamline procedures and improve system efficiencies
- Help with and implement processes for special projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting a must, and CPA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience and in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team and supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- Public accounting, preferably Big 4, or public company experience a plus
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Ability to work with large volumes of data
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience with Zuora/RevPro/Salesforce a plus
- Prior experience with a SaaS company and start up experience preferred
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.