Senior Payroll Analyst at Deluxe Entertainment
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Payroll Tax and Accounting Analyst. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
Perform research, analysis and processing of employee and payroll data including compiling, calculating, reporting and reconciling into general ledger. Responsible for maintaining compliance with internal, local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines for weekly, quarterly and annual reporting. Provide support for functional and technical issues. Work independently to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and accuracy of payroll.
- Review employee tax set up to ensure proper withholding.
- Assist with preparation of local, state, and federal tax reports; performs weekly and quarterly tax liability reconciliations to the general ledger and funding documents and preparation of amended returns for 941, 940, state wage and unemployment.
- Research and provide computerized payroll data and ad hoc reports for finance and department heads utilizing COGNOS and NOVAtime report generator, including set up of scheduled reports.
- Reconcile payroll data to the general ledger for withholding accounts.
- Act as liaison with Finance department regarding account reconciliation.
- Research and advise on treatment and tax status of various payroll transactions.
- Manage relocation process including audit of taxable reimbursements, housing allowances and gross-ups per offer letters.
- Assist with verification and reconciliation of annual W-2 report preparation including compliance with Affordable Care Act.
- Assist in audits, internal and external, and prepare any necessary schedules or analysis as related to general ledger accounting – including workers comp reports from COGNOS, 401(k) reports from COGNOS and from 4019k) vendor.
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or Certified Payroll Professional.
- Minimum 6-years of experience in accounting with demonstrated analytical skills, debit/credit payroll accounting, and working with internal/external auditors.
- Progressively responsible payroll analysis experience focusing on exception item research, payroll processes, regulations and internal controls.
- Computer skills including working knowledge of HRIS, timekeeping systems, Outlook, minimum of intermediate level spreadsheet applications, and intermediate ad hoc report writing.
- Working knowledge of general payroll procedures and internal controls.
- Working knowledge of payroll federal, multi-state, and multi-local tax law and regulations.
- Working knowledge of W-2 interpretations of reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to research, analyze and reconcile financial data
- Ability to make logical decisions using sound, independent judgment and common sense.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task with close attention to detail with accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts, with all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, with tact and diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, follow directions well and follow through with assignments until completed.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work extended hours when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Strong customer service skills.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.