Senior Manager, Tax at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:03 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely performance of various assigned functions in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual transactional tax returns and month-end close process
- Ensure the accuracy of tax liabilities and payments, reports and data files; reviews the financial results and provides communication to management
- Design and implement necessary controls to ensure the Company's tax liabilities and financial statements are accurate, reliable and in conformity with individual local and state laws as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Manage relationships with third party tax advisors
- Keep up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- REQUIRED: Public account tax experience. Big 4 is a plus.
- Experience with partnership taxation
- 7+ Years relevant experience required
- Strong understanding of federal and multi-state corporate income taxation
- General knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.