Senior Manager - Strategic Finance
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
Managers on the Strategic Finance team will work closely with our data, product, operations and vehicle teams to support Bird’s overall financial strategy, planning, and analysis efforts in a global, hyper growth environment. In addition to leading our total company strategic planning, forecasting, and reporting, you will investigate and synthesize complex data sets to deliver data-driven decision support to the senior leaders of our business. This team brings analytical rigor to Bird’s overall business model, unit economics, new products and expansion efforts worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Oversee/audit sophisticated financial models based on a deep understanding of our unit economics
- Work with company leaders to develop forecasts, cost/benefit comparisons, and assist with decision making and measuring financial impact related to expansion, capital structure, and new products
- Think proactively about financial optimization across every facet of our business including city operations, vehicles, supply chain, performance marketing, etc.
- Think strategically and then help develop an execution plan to operationalize insights
- Partner with the corporate development team on fundraising, special projects and deal support
- Partner with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our results
- Help build an elite finance team from scratch
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field
- Minimum of 8+ years in Corporate Finance, Corporate Development / Investment Banking and/or Consulting, at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established organization
- Experienced in hiring, training and managing a team
- Deep understanding of complex ROI-driven financial models
- Knowledge of accounting in a high transaction volume environment and GAAP
- Knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Humble & resourceful: you're willing to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description