For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
Viant is looking for a Senior Manager of Accounting Operations. The position will report to Viant’s Assistant Controller and will work closely with the VP, Controller. The role is responsible for establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures tied to the AR, AP and Cash Planning processes and the proper enforcement of SOX compliance. The position plays an instrumental role in the Company’s cash management strategy and will assist in the cash flow forecasting process. The role will collaborate with Accounting and Finance personnel, key department leads within the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Accountable for the oversight, management, and strategy of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the Company’s weekly Cash Planning Tool which includes weekly cash planning account-level data spanning historical and future periods
- Responsible for leading weekly cash meetings and producing cash planning reports and proposals for the Assistant Controller’s and the VP, Controller’s review, and approval
- Provide leadership related to the identification, selection and implementation of appropriate accounting and internal control policies and procedures
- Identify process inefficiencies to improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiencies in the AR and AP processes
- Drive strategy around the collection and payment processes and identify and improve areas of weakness and risk of exposure
- Drive strategy around the integration of newly acquired partners and new product offerings into the Company’s vendor acceptance and/or customer acceptance and collections processes
- Develop cash management strategy, enhance current policies and procedures, and support the cash forecasting process
- Evaluate, maintain and monitor the Company’s Dunn & Bradstreet credit profiles for all active legal entities
- Oversee and monitor the Company’s T&E activity through Concur and supply analytical reporting on a recurring and ad hoc basis
- Monitor and manage relations with key accounts and drive collection and payment strategies
- Maintain documented AR and AP process narratives
- Lead PO process design and implementation
- Ensure that US GAAP, SOX compliance and company specific policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Oversee the proper closing of the AR and AP subledgers during the month end close process
- Produce or review recurring reporting on a weekly and monthly basis tied to cash analysis and AR and AP analytics (DPOs, DSOs, aging’s, etc.)
- Ad hoc reporting tied to working capital as requested
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant accounting experience
- A BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Big 4 firm experience is a plus
- Experience with cash planning and AR and AP functions
- Active CPA and/or CFA is preferred
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.