Senior Financial Analyst at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives. You will work to find solutions to complex business challenges to provide insight and recommendations to key stakeholders including Engineering, Product, Operations, Marketing, Ad Sales, Business Development, and Human Resources.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Analyze business data to identify trends, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and help drive data-driven decision-making
- Work with Viacom finance teams globally to ensure smooth financial operations and train Pluto teams on processes
- Build complex financial and operational models to provide immediate and long-term financial insights and strategic plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deeply understand business objectives and drive successful outcomes
- Build management, executive, and investor level presentations
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or project management in a technology/media company
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs including building complex financial models
- Desire to learn database querying (e.g. SQL) and 3rd party visualization tools (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
Becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.