Senior Financial Analyst at Boingo Wireless
Senior Financial Analyst
Finance plays a pivotal role managing the company’s financial performance and shaping its strategic priorities. The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating the coordination, consolidation, reporting and analysis of the overall forecast process; Board of Director reporting, supporting the quarterly earnings process, pricing and valuation of deals across the company, and long-term planning/strategic initiatives. The Senior Financial Analyst will support all the financial and business metrics planning, reporting and analysis processes (Budget/Forecast/Actual) and working with various functional teams across the organization.
- Support the preparation and detailed review of the monthly financial reporting schedules with focus on understanding material variances in cost of goods and operating expenses results against Plan, Forecast, & Prior Year
- Support the monthly financial close preparation by working with the accounting teams in review of key P&L line items to determine appropriate expense accruals ( marketing programs, software maintenance fees, bandwidth, breakfix, commissions)
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts. Responsibilities include collection of department input, interface with departments to provide and or confirm (budget) assumptions, helping consolidate of all submissions, validation/review of all inputs in all dimensions (total company, by cost center, by venue, by account, by line of business), & aiding in preparation of materials for presentation of plan/forecast to CFO
- Manage the preparation of weekly/monthly KPI reporting, provide summary highlights and other insights as appropriate
- Serve as a power-user in Oracle’s Enterprise Planning & Budgeting system, with emphasis on building new and streamlining existing departmental P&L reports to facilitate the timely tracking, analysis & communication of results against expectations
- Help support investigating/evaluating ad hoc business questions. Work with the Data Architecture & Analytics (DAA) team in creating BI reports to support these analyses
- Assist CTO and VPs of Operations by providing insightful analysis on high-visibility, complex, and key expense drivers (software maintenance fees contracts, capitalized salaries)
- Support quarter-end reporting requirements for auditors/CFO/board of directors
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Business
- 5+ years of background in financial analysis preferably in an FP&A role with a knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Experience in financial systems implementation/report building- Oracle Fusion FRX and or Oracle Enterprise Planning & Budgeting highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills with ability to gather and analyze large volume of data
- Working knowledge of business analytical tools (Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, MicroStrategy) and experience with databases
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly analytical, attentive to detail, self-starter and able to work independently
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.