Senior Financial Analyst
Clutter is an on-demand technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $100M from a number of VCs, including Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV, formerly Google Ventures. We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives. You will work in small project teams to find solutions to complex business challenges to provide insight and recommendations to key stakeholders including Engineering, Product, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and Human Resources.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business data to identify trends, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and help drive data-driven decision-making
- Build complex financial and operational models to provide immediate and long-term financial insights and strategic plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deeply understand business objectives and drive successful outcomes
- Build management, executive, and investor level presentations
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or project management in a technology/media company
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs including building complex financial models
- Desire to learn database querying (e.g. SQL) and 3rd party visualization tools (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
- Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment