Senior Financial Analyst
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join Snap Inc! You’ll drive financial planning, analysis, and reporting as well as partner with business leaders to grow Snapchat. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll be responsible for building out and managing financial planning and analysis processes. We’re looking for someone with the highest performance standards who can execute well and flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment while adhering to our company values. We find creative solutions to complex problems in an environment where our actions are guided by our key values of kind, smart, and creative.
What you’ll do:
- Drive internal discussions around near-term and long-term financial planning. Your work will help our executives make critical decisions
- Partner with Snap Inc.'s various business divisions to create near and long-term forecasts, identify key performance drivers, and present analysis to our division leaders to drive meaningful action
- Build and maintain a consolidated financial model to be used for monthly forecast and annual budget cycles
- Analyze variances between actuals and forecasts, and use insights to drive meaningful action and communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way
- Build, and help to evaluate, business cases and strategies to drive long term growth, optimize cost structures, and deliver new product experiences to customers
- Work on building/expanding financial and operational reporting capabilities that provide Snap Inc.’s executive leadership key insights about the business and help drive the right business decisions
- Partner with Accounting and other teams to complete projects efficiently and effectively
- Tackle complex financial projects to drive growth within our business divisions
- Our finance team members are expected to be active contributors to the leadership and management of our business for the betterment of our customers and long run business success
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or related field
- 3+ years of experience
- Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Strong track-record of business partnership, financial planning, and analytical experience
- Experience implementing systems and processes
- A detail-oriented personality with business acumen and the ability to influence
- Ability to dive-deep and take complete ownership of complex projects and handle competing priorities while doing so
- Experience with complex financial planning processes and financial statement consolidation
- Ability to parse complex financial analysis into meaningful communications for business leaders
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively convey financial analysis in both written format and verbally
- A team player who’s willing to get their hands dirty and help where needed
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].