Senior Financial Analyst (Remote) at Grindr
Grindr is a location-based social networking and online dating application for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Launched in 2009, it has since become the largest and most popular gay mobile app in the world. It is available on iOS and Android devices in both free and premium versions.
As Grindr continues to grow its business, we are looking for a senior financial analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our West Hollywood, CA office. The senior financial analyst is someone who works effectively and efficiently, consistently finding ways to improve upon the status-quo. This successful candidate will need to be intellectually curious, understand business strategy, think in business terms--not just numbers, manage complex work streams that involve multiple stakeholders, all while building and maintaining strong relationships across each of Grindr’s business functions. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance.
- Build and maintain short-term and long-term P&L forecasts by working with department leads to align on strategy, collect business inputs, and translate them into financial projections. The senior financial analyst will focus on expenses and advertising revenue
- Support FP&A in maintaining its reporting cadences, providing leadership with key financial insights to support decision making
- Serve as Grindr’s internal financial consultant, tackling ad hoc requests with an analytical approach to problem solving and a financial perspective
- Partner with the advertising business to build a driver-based forecasting model, using operating data to inform ad sales projections
- Collaborate with HR and Recruiting in managing headcount planning & reporting cadences
- Assist in administering and maintaining Grindr’s budgeting cloud software to automate portions of the planning & reporting process where possible
- Become an expert in Grindr’s operating data, understanding the ecosystem of data sources, data warehouses, calculation methodologies, and data limitations in order to continuously validate and improve our driver-based forecasts
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, or management consulting
- Proven track record conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analyses and delivering actionable recommendations to executive-level stakeholders
- Mastery of Excel, with experience building robust, flexible financial models and detailed analytics
- Experience in translating large datasets into digestible insights using clear communication & presentation skills, tailored to stakeholder needs
- Strong attention to detail without sacrificing timeliness
- Basic understanding of accounting
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience with Oracle EPBCS or Smartview preferred but not required
- Experience in tech and/or digital advertising preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k) Matching
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.