We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas, and more. From Estate Planning to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped more than four million customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
At LegalZoom, we simply do not believe that it should cost thousands of dollars to create a will, form a business, or apply for a trademark. So we started a movement to make legal help available to all.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The highly visible position will have the responsibility of analyzing and managing a wide range of data, build financial models and concisely report the financial results and themes to business leadership, external parties, and senior management. This seasoned professional will use their networking skills to partner with people, develop models for scenario analyses, and have the aptitude to learn various aspects of the business. The right candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams within our organization (e.g. Data Services, Analytics, Accounting) to achieve desired results. This highly valued position will be held by someone that demonstrates superb critical thinking abilities and quantitative skills to provide key insights and analytics.
What you’ll do:
· Creating financial forecasts and analysis of actual financial results
· Providing data-driven analysis, strategic decision support, financial planning, and controllership
· Collecting, analyzing, and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
· Performing financial close, planning, forecasting, and reporting and manage continuous innovation in these areas
· Working with data teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated, and timely
· Proven ability to prioritize and drive actions to deliver business results
· Provide analyses of complex data, various types of financial model building, and deliver thoughtful recommendations for action
· Lead on valuation and due diligence assignments
· Work in tandem within the Finance organization to deliver information for planning, actuals, and analyses to drive business performance
· Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports and presentations on financial status, opportunities, and risks
· Deliver timely, accurate, and relevant analyses and reporting of financial KPI metrics
· Develop insightful presentations and materials that summarize data and help facilitate decision-making for our business partners as well as the senior leadership team
· Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about nuances with our lines of business and strategic partners. Be a thought leader to drive continuous improvement, simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least 3-5 years of experience in FP&A/Corporate reporting; Investment banking/Private Equity experience a plus
· Understand performance metrics used to evaluate internet businesses including subscription products
· Solid communicator with collaboration skills that focus on teamwork. Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management
· Strong worth ethic with the ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment
· Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills; demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with highly motivated team members
· Advanced Excel skills with strong skills in Word and PowerPoint.
· Experience with Tableau, SQL, Access, and other databases; Anaplan experience is a plus
· Prior experience with utilizing or implementing an integrated reporting tool or Financial Systems is highly valued
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.