Senior Director, Style Merchandising and Planning (FFF Style) at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is one of L.A.’s most accomplished companies, experiencing exponential Business and Team growth. This phenomenal success has been achieved due to our amazing business initiatives (over 1 million members), dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports inclusion and equity. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
FabFitFun Style is our fashion concierge service. We indulge our customers with a highly personalized styling service based in fit, price and lifestyle preferences.
Our Style Women's Division is looking for a Senior Director to define and execute seasonal and annual financial and assortment strategies inclusive of sales, margin, and inventory goals that exceed customer expectations and enables and maintains a cash flow positive business unit.
What You'll Do:
- Create and lead a seasonal hindsight process for Planning and Merchandising.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Customer Experience, and the Stylist Program to ideate and identify opportunities for seasonal creative messaging for Style that will be compelling and desirable for our target consumer.
- Develop pre-season financial strategies at the divisional and category level that drive annual financial goals, using historical data as well as input from cross-functional teams.
- Develop, test, and iterate an assortment framework that aligns product and brand strategies with FFF consumer typologies and financial goals.
- Lead the Buying team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season assortment strategy that aligns consumer opportunities across multiple categories -- inclusive of launch dates, targets for style counts and customer choices, key attributes, and season codes -- that helps to drive the creative messaging for the season.
- Lead the Buying team, in collaboration with the Stylist Program and key partners in the core FFF business unit, to identify and execute unique and compelling brand partnership opportunities and product exclusives in order to create a highly differentiated offer that’s relevant for our FFF member.
- Maintain a strong awareness of the competitive landscape in fashion for both traditional and disruptive fashion retailers, as well as non-fashion consumer brands.
- Constantly ideate and test new methods for engaging our consumers with the products, services, and experiences of the Apparel and Fashion category, while clearly identifying and communicating team priorities and success metrics.
Oversee seasonal market investments and in-season business
- Create and manage an Open-to-Buy framework and tool.
- Establish and manage a monthly forecasting and reconciliation process for sales, inventory, and margin.
- Create and oversee the management of a Detail-on-Order report.
- Oversee the process of sku level investments managed to sales, inventory, and margin goals and manage the reconciliation of department plans and bottoms-up sku level investments.
- Maximize profitability through leading promotional and markdown strategies.
- Help to create and maintain mutually beneficial vendor relationships that further Style’s goals around payment terms, vendor-managed inventory (VMI), and vendor guidelines with regard to packing, tagging, QC, and merchandise swaps.
- Lead and coach a multi-level team of N-1 and N-2 reports.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team successes while holding everyone accountable for deadlines, deliverables, and both performance and values-based goals and expectations.
- Develop career paths and mobility opportunities for the team.
- Serve as a positive cultural role model for the team and the cross-functional organization.
Collaborate with cross-functional departmental leads to drive the seasonal calendar and go-to-market process
- Gather feedback to continuously refine and improve our timelines, milestone meetings, and processes.
- Proactively communicate and hold teams accountable for expectations around timelines and deliverables.
- Align with key partners in the core FFF business unit (Marketing, E-com flash sales) to ensure we are proactively managing to and meeting their deadlines.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 12+ years in apparel inventory management / merchandise planning experience.
- 6+ years people management experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
- Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
- Thinking strategically, conceptually and creatively. Must have -- and can articulate -- a vision that is shareable by all key stakeholders with a passion for constantly ideating and innovating.
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment and thrive at an extremely fast pace with a test-and-learn mindset. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and deliver both strategic and tactical work.
- Strong business acumen: expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them. Identify areas of the business that need attention and have the ability to analyze the details when appropriate.
- Demonstrate agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution).
- Must be consumer-centric and lead teams to make decisions based on our consumer motivations and behaviors.
- Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Presentation and storytelling skills: ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats tailored to different audiences.
- Peer relationships: collaborates across the organization to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge, and helps others to be successful.
- Manage ambiguity: flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes, and the capability to help others do so as well.
- Results-oriented: proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time.
- Technical Capabilities: strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (e.g. creating advanced functions and formulas such as V Lookup, Index Matching, Pivot Tables, and Using Macros); mastery in PowerPoint/Keynote/Google Slides.
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing e-commerce.
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage.
- Catered meals 3x/week.
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks.
- Generous vacation policy.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Free FabFitFun subscription.
- Paid parking.