As a member of Stamps.com’s financial operations team the Senior Credit and Collections Representative, internally referred to as Senior Invoicing and Credit Representative, will play a critical role in the day to day operational functions of the organization. The Invoicing and Credit Representative will have various responsibilities related to payments including billing, invoicing, cash application, account reconciliations, month-end financial close, as well as assisting with ad hoc projects
Stamps.com’s Finance & Accounting team is responsible for reporting accurate financial reporting to the public and investors, as well as driving strategic and financial decision-making processes across the Company. We partner with Senior Management and business unit leaders to analyze and drive long-term business performance.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
- Perform full cycle Accounts Receivable and Billing tasks.
- Lead collections activities including tracking, contacting, and reporting.
- Liaison to 3rd party collections.
Essential Position Duties:
Perform full cycle Accounts Receivable and Billing tasks.
- Perform daily payment application, both check and ACH.
- Research account-specific issues and reconcile accounts with discrepancies.
- Provide customer service to accounts we invoice.
- Resolve billing errors or disputes with customers.
- Maintain aging report.
Lead collections activities including tracking, contacting, and reporting.
- Work closely with other internal departments to identify customers for collections.
- Perform account collection calls - reach out to past due customers.
- Track and maintain status of collections attempts and KPIs.
- Summarize and report collections details.
- Ad Hoc projects as assigned.
Liaison to 3rd party collections.
- Gather all required customer data needed to engage 3rd party collections.
- Track efforts and progress of collections efforts.
- Provide updates on status and KPIs of collection process.
Additional Position Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance preferred.
- Four or more (4+) years of Accounts Receivable or collections experience required.
- Experience with top tier ERP and related reporting applications, NetSuite preferred.
- Microsoft Excel
- Top tier ERP and related reporting applications
- Knowledge of SQL a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Excel formulas, vlookups, and pivot tables.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility.
- Exhibit flexibility in completion of job responsibilities as priorities change.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Detail oriented with ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-Motivated individual able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of debits/credits.
- Experience invoicing through billing systems a plus (Ariba, WAWF, IPP).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled