Senior Credit Analyst
We’re looking for a Senior Credit Analyst to help manage credit risk across each of our markets, with a focus on enhancing our relationship with existing customers. In this role, you will analyze data to identify opportunities to optimize our loan product across dimensions including limit, price, term and collections strategy and make recommendations for change. You will also have the opportunity to influence new product development. You will report to a Senior Credit and Risk Manager, and collaborate closely with partner teams including growth, data, collections, and engineering.
What you’ll do
- Develop deep understanding of Tala’s loan product and the economics and risks associated in various markets
- Use past loan data to find opportunities to optimize our loan terms, including approval criteria, loan limit size, interest rate, and term
- Use past collections data to find opportunities to optimize our collections strategy to increase cure rates
- Design, implement, and monitor credit and fraud prevention experiments
- Monitor and assess loan portfolio performance
- Partner with data teams to identify new use cases of data to assess credit risk
- Partner with technical teams to prioritize and deploy recommendations; monitor effectiveness of recommendations
What you’ll need
- Proficiency in SQL, R, or Python
- 2-3 years professional experience in an analytical credit or fraud role at a financial services or technology company
- Bachelor's degree in any field which requires logically creative thinking
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills including
- Ability to independently drive analysis concluding with rationalized recommendations
- Strong technical communications skills
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.