Senior Cost Accountant
Primary role is to be responsible for the transactional processing, accounting, reporting, reconciliation and overall financial control of inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Responsible for all inventory reporting and analysis. This includes inventory and production metrics, material usage variance analysis, and operating efficiency.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory transactions to ensure that perpetual inventory records are accurate.
- Review results of monthly/quarterly/annual physical inventory, ensuring accuracy for financial statements. Investigate and report on all inventory variances.
- Act as a financial partner to Operations team. This involves reviewing the financial results and working with Operations to help improve the financial performance of the inventory vendors.
- Lead inventory counts alongside Operations team (some travel required).
- Reconcile warehouse physical inventory results and develop results-based comparative reporting.
- Develop a strong understanding of the supply chain and costs associated to assist with allocating costs specific to product lines for product analysis.
- Prepare product cost information for new and existing products.
- Various Month and Year-End close tasks and reconciliations.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and internal controls.
- Assist with annual audits and external reporting requirements.
- Provide recurring and ad hoc management reporting and analysis as needed.
- Cost accounting or inventory accounting background
- CPA License
- Strong system skills with advanced Excel knowledge
- Extensive expertise with ERP Systems
- Must be able to understand Standard Costing & Inventory Count Processes
- Must be able to report on data in meaningful ways conducive to decision making on that data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, related business field, or equivalent experience required
- CPG/startup experience is a plus
- Excellent growth potential for a detail oriented person that is motivated to be part of a rapidly growing company.
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and remote work policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Bi-annual company abroad trip
- Class Pass Membership
- Internal Referral Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program