Senior Billing Specialist
Greater LA Area
About the Team:
At ChowNow we are driven by one purpose: to provide restaurants with the tools needed to compete in an increasingly technical world. Our products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, we will be there to help our restaurant clients stay up to speed online.
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As the Senior Billing Specialist, you’ll play a key role in the Accounting department, ensuring that our financial data is accurate, timely, and consistent with the best practice financial procedures. You’ll help us keep pace with our fast-growing list of clients and expanding product catalogue. You’ll assist with turning sales into cash to keep the company’s engine revving.
Reports to the Controller; No direct reports
Within 30 days, You'll..
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products
- Complete training with our IT Team and one of our Accounting Team Leads. By the end of training you’ll be able to successfully navigate all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, ChowNow Admin, and Zuora
- Learn the basic customized processes in Salesforce and Zuora, and begin processing new subscriptions for both recurring and one-time products
- Familiarize yourself with the approval process for add-on subscriptions in Salesforce and the consequent actions to take in Zuora
- Routinely interface with our sales, restaurant success, and client service departments to field questions from our customers
Within 60 Days, You'll..
- Learn to identify and record failed payments per our merchant processor and reflect in Zuora
- Own our weekly and monthly bill runs for new and recurring subscriptions
- Learn the ins and outs of our payment processors (Vantiv and Chargify)
- Be proactive in identifying billing issues or problematic accounts
- Become familiar with the intricacies of our more advanced customized processes in Salesforce Zuora; amending and terminating existing subscriptions, redistributing recognized revenue per deferred revenue waterfalls, as well as reporting.
Within 90 Days, You'll..
- Own the termination and cancellation process in Zuora, including updating deferred revenue waterfalls for correct revenue recognition.
- Take charge of processing amendments to subscriptions, including upgrades and downgrades.
- Become familiar with running and creating a variety of reports out of Zuora
- Assist the Billing Team Lead in the monthly close process by reconciling variances in revenue and cash reports provided by our Controller
- Keep current on updates to Zuora features as identified in periodic Zuora announcements by attending Webinars and reading blog updates
You Should Apply If You:
- Have 2 to 4 years in a billing role, SaaS/technology company experience preferred
- Have experience working with SaaS CRM and Billing solutions, Salesforce and Zuora preferred
- Are excited at the thought of taking on the task of managing SaaS subscriptions for a company with 10,000+ restaurant locations
- Are detailed oriented and great with documentation to let the rest of the accounting team know what is going on with customer accounts
- Are comfortable working in a fast pace, growing accounting department that will look to you to help build scalable processes and procedures
- Have professional communication and attitude while reaching out to clients about their outstanding balances
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
ChowNow is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. ChowNow will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Read Full Job Description