Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk
Position Summary: As a Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk, you’ll own the planning, execution, and reporting on financial, operational, and compliance related audits / projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards, and generally accepted accounting principles. As Procore’s Senior Internal Auditor, you're expected to fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the SaaS and construction industries and Procore's business operations, and to pursue specialized expertise in the quote-to-cash process, including customer contracts. You’ll work under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls
A key element of the role is to enhance and oversee the Customer Contract Compliance Program. This will require the Senior Internal Auditor to determine customer audits, maintain close customer relationships with customers throughout the audit, and complete contract compliance audits quickly and effectively.
As a successful Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk, you’re comfortable identifying, analyzing, and reporting on data and working directly with internal business partners (e.g., Sales, Finance, Legal, Customer Success, and Revenue Operations) to improve the efficiency and repeatability of audits and visually articulate the story within audit reports to management.
What you’ll do:
Customer Compliance Audit Program
- Develop and make continuous improvements to the Customer Compliance Audit Program.
- Enhance the contract compliance audit planning process based on customer data analytics. Provide specific requirements to internal data analytics team.
- Coordinate and drive the Customer Compliance Audit Program, including leading meetings with internal stakeholders on the preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the contract compliance audit planning process), budget, execution schedule, and ROI expectations.
ERM and Internal Control Framework
- Document and maintain process documentation (e.g., process narratives, flowcharts of end-to-end business processes, and risk and control matrices).
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls Software.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across departments and segments, and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk, and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas, and recommendations with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and internal business partners at the manager and staff levels.
Internal Audit Planning, Execution, and Reporting
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans.
- Take ownership of and independently manage subsets of audits with minimal oversight from Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls.
- Develop, document, and execute audit test steps in partnership with internal business partners and the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls.
- Conduct substantive testing, such as tests of detailed activities and transactions or analytical review tests, to obtain audit evidence, and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions.
- Identify and discuss audit findings with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls and document exceptions.
- Take ownership of drafting audit reports; revise and finalize with the Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls.
- Validate issues with internal business partners; assist with additional report writing as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Area of Study: Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Certifications: none
- Minimum Years of Experience: 4 to 6 years of relevant experience
- Level of Education: MS and/or MBA
- Area of Study: Finance and/or Accounting
- Certifications: CIA, CPA, or CFE
- Construction industry experience
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.