Senior / Accounts Payable Specialist at NEXT Trucking
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:46 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 31, 2020
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
What You'll Do
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing reimbursement checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
- Credit card reconciliations
- Chassis reconciliations
- Review and Process daily billing/invoices with Next Trucking Backend System
- Daily cash application using QuickBooks Enterprise accounting system
What You'll Need
- Must be highly dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to manage many tasks
- Qualified candidates will be a team player with a minimum of a year applicable work experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail) MS Office (Excel and Word), Netsuite or other accounting systems
- Accrual experience preferred
- Logistics, transportation, or freight industry experience is preferred, but not required.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary (60,000 annually)
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
NEXT Trucking may collect your contact information, professional or employment-related history, and other identifiers which shall be used for the purpose of job applications.
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description