Senior Accounting Manager at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group currently has an opening for a Senior Manager of Accounting within its Central Accounting Services division. This position supports the general accounting close cycle and 3rd party statement process for InGrooves & Republic Records labels.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities.
How you'll CREATE:
- Manage the monthly financial close activities with onshore and offshore accountants by maintaining a disciplined close process to adhere to tight close deadlines
- Prepare and/or approve journal entries
- Perform and/or review month-end supporting reconciliations and analysis
- Monitor and review daily cash receipts and coordinate with finance and AR teams to ensure proper accounting. Weekly review of key balance sheet schedules and overhead activity
- Reconcile AR, artist, and costs sub-ledger reports to GL
- Manage the intercompany reconciliation and confirmation process. Maintain a schedule of intercompany spend and recharges by territory
- Prepare and/or review 3rd party participation statements, and propose adjustments as needed
- Analyze accounting and financial reporting for complex topics such as revenue recognition, IFRS 16 leases, and others.
- Coordinate with other departments to research and resolve accounting issues and inquiries
- Prepare and review audit schedules for internal and external auditors
- Develop and implement process improvements and procedures to achieve efficiencies with month-end close and day to day operations.
- Manage special projects as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- 7+ years of general ledger accounting and corporate reporting experience
- CPA candidate and/or public experience a plus
- Exposure to enterprise business/GL applications such as Hyperion/HFM, SAP/BW
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Big picture thinker that is willing and able to dive into the details for insights and accuracy review
- BPO/working in an outsourced environment experience is a plus
- Able to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and think analytically
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!