Senior Accounting Manager at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Accounting Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support three UMG's labels, Island Records & Def Jam Recording (IDJ) and Interscope Records (IGA). Reporting to the Executive Director; this position will support the general accounting close cycle, joint venture and profit participation (JVA) cycle and corporate reporting process of IDJ and IGA. The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 to 7 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience, must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including:
- Support the Executive Director in managing the monthly financial close & reporting processes of IDJ and IGA:
- Assist in managing 9 BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA's (service level agreements)
- Review and/or prepare monthly accruals & allocations
- Review GL activities for proper accounting
- Review & approve journal entries & analysis prepared by BPO staff in Mumbai; including balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing/reviewing management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Review corporate reporting submitted to global consolidation system Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Coordinating with division Finance representatives, as well as other UMG functional departments to stay current with business activity and emerging issues.
- Manage the joint venture/profit participation (JVA) statements cycle:
- Assist in managing the statement preparation process by the BPO staff in Mumbai and the review process with IDJ/IGA finance team to ensure statements are completed, reviewed and payable amounts paid within the contractual deadlines
- Review JVA statements and supporting schedules to ensure statement is prepared in accordance with contractual terms of the deal and within the due dates specified in the contract
- Review & reconcile GL activity flowing through the deal statement; and review general ledger adjustments proposed by BPO staff
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements as it relates activity pertaining to JVA contracts
- Provide support to IDJ/IGA finance team as necessary to assist in the quarterly forecasts and annual plan process
- Support the preparation and review of financial statements used for UMG tax returns
- Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
- Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing
- Strong Excel & Word skills required
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
- Experience with HFM preferred
- Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.