Senior Accountant at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a village to achieve that.
The Accounting team plays a critical role at Relativity in equipping and empowering the company to make smart business decisions. We work closely and partner with Finance and Procurement teams to predict and ensure the longevity and long-term financial health of the company.
By collecting and maintaining the business’s financial activities in accordance with US GAAP, we enable ourselves to provide accurate and timely financial reports for strategic planning and decision-making purposes as well as quarterly reports to external parties including our investors and lending institutions. As a team, we are responsible for the integrity of our financial data through governing our controls and supporting our annual financial audits. It is also our responsibility to maintain tax and regulatory compliance and reporting requirements across different jurisdictions at federal, state, and local levels.
Now, our team is expanding! We are looking for a driven and detail-oriented Senior Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, to join our growing team. As a Senior Accountant you will play a key role within the GL function including month-end close, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, financial reporting, and assisting with the preparation of financial information for external audits. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of GAAP, strong work ethic, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a hyper-growth and ever-changing environment.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
We want to send 3-D printed rockets to space! To help the company achieve this mission, we need to make sure that our financial reports are GAAP-compliant and our processes are optimized. The result of your work will ensure compliance and provide the groundwork for greater financial strategies. Here are some outcomes and objectives that you will achieve:
- Prepare general ledger journal entries for month-end close.
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet reconciliations, including identifying and resolving variances.
- Partner with Engineering and IT organizations to build out our fixed asset tagging system and procedure.
- Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Produce monthly flux analyses.
- Assist in year-end audit by providing external auditors with supporting documentation.
- Assist in developing internal process improvements, including documenting processes and identifying and developing internal controls.
- Assist with ad hoc duties and special projects, as needed.
You are a seasoned accounting professional with experience in a fast-paced and growing environment. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and enjoy working closely with cross-functional partners. You embrace the unexpected and proactively identify inefficiencies and support process improvements. You have a track record of meeting deadlines and working collaboratively with team members.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience from both public accounting and industry sectors.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP.
- Advanced Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Big 4 / regional firm audit / assurance experience (strongly preferred).
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA), active or inactive.
- Fast-growing start-ups and/or manufacturing industry experience – space manufacturing even better!
- Infor LN (previously BAAN) ERP specific experience.
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.