Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team at a leading and growing advertising technology company operating in a fast-paced industry. This role would be heavily involved in certain aspects of the financial close improvement process as the Company potential seeks to transition to an SEC compliant close and reporting cadence. This role will support the Accounting Supervisor with certain aspects of the financial close process and collaborate daily with other GL staff to strategize and tackle the coordination of the monthly financial close, handling of audits requests, process improvement projects, and other various internal reporting requests as needed.
- Accountable for certain aspects of the monthly financial close process and corresponding deadlines
- Prepare and perform financial statement flux analysis for assigned areas
- Coordinate and collaborate efficiently with other general ledger staff and other accounting personnel
- Leverage and research accounting pronouncements, as directed
- Prepare support for external auditors, as instructed
- Preparation of journal entries for accounting matters that require a senior accountant level skillset
- Prepare accurate and quality balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Works closely with the Accounting Supervisor to maintain appropriate internal controls over certain aspects of accounting transaction processing and reporting, as directed
- Facilitate process improvements and efficiencies in the financial close process, as directed
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as operations to streamline accounting processes, as directed
- Assist with special projects, as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years relevant Accounting experience
- CPA in process or achieved active or inactive status preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting and GAAP
- Big 4/regional firm audit/assurance experience preferred
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Able to handle extremely sensitive information requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills: experience with ERP systems/Accounting software and advanced Excel skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.