Senior Accountant at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to add to our finance organization. You will be responsible for but not limited to: month-end close procedures and monthly financials, reconciliation of sub-ledges to General Ledger account balances, and working cross functionally to provide analysis to different departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate with Controller on month-end close procedures and preparation of monthly financials to hit financial reporting deadlines and accurately report financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Reconciliation of sub-ledgers to General Ledger account balances
- Work cross-Fameoly with the Finance and Strategy teams to provide analysis over month-to-month fluctuations and help accurately illustrate forecasted cash spend
- Working with our Legal team and members from other Cameo Fameos on contract review and negotiation to understand and limit potential risk to Cameo and understand the accounting and finance implications of the contract
- Maintain Accounts Payable procurement process and Expense reimbursement processes. This will include properly reconciling transactions to the appropriate accounts within Quickbooks Online
- Work with external audit and tax vendors to provide requested documents timely to maintain compliance domestically and internationally including annual external audit and tax filings
- Work on time sensitive ad-hoc projects that arise throughout the course of the month and providing status updates until the project is completed
What you bring to the table:
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience and CPA certified
- Proven corporate accounting experience including month-end close procedures. Knowledge of Quickbooks Online is a definite plus but welcome understanding of more sophisticated accounting systems
- Experience with Accounts Payable procurement procedures
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel and excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects as well as take on ad-hoc projects as they arise
- You’ve proven yourself to be adaptable and selfless as a team player who will go the extra mile to make sure Cameo wins
- You are very vocal and bring ideas to the table regarding process, best practices, tools and integrations to continuously improve our efficiency as an organization
- Ability to represent the Accounting/Finance team well in meetings with other teams across the company that further bolster the standing and dependability of our team internally.
- You come to work every day with a growth mindset, are eager to learn, and always open to feedback on how you can improve and grow in your career
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.