Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the accounting lead and own the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate report and financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare/Review reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and analyze income statement accounts
- Assist with all internal and external financial statement reporting, including preparation of statements of cash flows, drafting of financial statement footnotes, and preparation and maintenance of tie-out binders
- Implement processes and procedures for identified areas of risk and where control gaps exist
- Act as the liaison between the Finance and Accounting team and external stakeholders, including vendors and tax agencies
- Oversee all AP/AR duties including billing, payment application, and collections
- Support year-end tax preparation and audits
- Provide support as needed to department and business managers
- Prepare white papers and complex accounting memos to be reviewed by the controller
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project-related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department
- Actively cross-train with other accounting staff and serve as a backup for such duties
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years experience in Accounting or Finance roles, experience in both public and private accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (or working towards) preferred
- Big 4 Experience preferred
- Financial services experience a plus
- Robust understanding of US GAAP and accounting principles
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively prioritize work in a high-growth environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience with an ERP system preferred (NetSuite, Quickbooks)
- Proficient in MS Office, strong working knowledge of Excel; knowledge of Word and Powerpoint a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Driven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- Able to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Train and mentor junior staff
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description