Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Senior Accountant, you will work directly with our Accounting Manager in ensuring accurate and timely completion of month end closes, account reconciliations, financial reporting, and tax filings. You will participate in various financial reviews and audits, as well as system implementation and process improvement projects.
What You'll Do:
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, as well as flux analysis for month end close
- Preparing bank reconciliations and loan schedules
- Maintaining fixed assets and prepayment ledgers, and the related amortization/depreciation journal entries.
- Preparing business license renewals, Form 571L, and other tax filings.
- Reviewing and maintaining AP invoice coding guidelines to help improve accuracy of AP expense recording.
- Consolidating and reconciling financial data between various operating systems and NetSuite to ensure accuracy and completion of data transfers
- Assist in financial reviews and audits, such as insurance audits, bank loan compliance reviews, and year-end financial audit.
- Assist in documentation of accounting policies and procedures, accounting memos, business processes narratives/flow-charts, and SOPs.
- Assist in researching and documenting US GAAP technical guidelines and memos.
- Collaborating with FP&A group to help department managers track their budget-to-actual spending and OPEX trend review.
- Participating in IT system improvement projects, such as NetSuite and NEXT proprietary systems roll-out and integration, and automation of customer P&L reporting.
- Providing support as needed to department and business managers.
- Ad-hoc projects and reporting as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel formulas. Pivot Tables, VlookUp/HlookUp, Sumifs required
- Detail oriented and ability to spot inconsistencies between data sets and trends.
- Excellent communicator that can flow across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Accounting/Finance Degree
- Trucking or logistics background.
- Strong math/analytical background.
- Experience in reviewing junior accountants’ or AP Coordinators’ work
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Dog-friendly open office
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry