Senior Accountant at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is seeking an experienced accounting professional to drive process improvements of the month end closing process and help build a best-in-class function. Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working with a team of accounting and finance professionals worldwide, the Senior Accountant will help certify the accurate and timely execution of the closing processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepare accurate, timely journal entries in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for assigned areas
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and SOX testing
- Play a key role in general process improvements
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Accounting Manager’s attention
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information to support the preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist Treasury activities (Daily Cash Reporting)
- Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A dedication to teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
- A four-year degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting and public accounting roles
- Demonstrated experience applying innovative ideas to new or recurring work processes
- Acute attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Experience in accounting close processes and accounting systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in building accurate and timely domestic closing processes.
- The ideal candidate will bring strong operational capabilities and will be a confident and effective communicator, fostering an atmosphere of professionalism and accountability – working with the Finance team and collaborating with others with a positive and respectful demeanor.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.