Senior Accountant at PatientPop
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we take a holistic approach to improving every digital touchpoint along the patient journey with the leading all-in-one practice growth solution.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our culture of continuous innovation allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.How you will contribute:
As our Senior Accountant, you will assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work papers for key balance sheet, revenue and expense accounts. You will perform monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses and provide explanation on variances. You will support annual external financial audits, including the preparation of audit
schedules as well as playing a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle. You will report into the Assistant Controller. Your sense of urgency, attention to detail, and technical accounting knowledge will drive the accounting department to the next level as we scale.
- Degree in accounting and 4+ years of experience
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred
- Start-up experience, preferably in SaaS
- Own the monthly financial close in a timely and accurate manner, including preparation/review reconciliations of revenue, expenses, fixed assets, prepaid, accounts receivables, accruals, and variance analysis
- A proactive, self-directed, problem-solving approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment while being extremely detailed with a high sense of urgency
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with an understanding of US GAAP and ability to document accounting conclusions
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving
- ERP system implementation (Quickbooks to Netsuite/Intacct) is a plus
As a Senior Accountant, you will be an integral part of the accounting team by assisting in our financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP. You will make sure our month end close process is efficient while we scale for IPO readiness.In 90 days you will:
You will hit the ground running by learning, owning our current month end close and accounting processes/workflows. Your sense of urgency, attention to organization/details and ability to see the big picture will allow you to assist in helping to scale the department quickly for best practices and timely reporting. You will assist in managing our billings and revenue recognition and own our A/R and AP processes. You will work closely with the Assistant Controller to
evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and
automation for IPO readiness.
PatientPop has one simple mission: help healthcare practices thrive. Our solution is the leading all-in-one practice growth platform that's HIPAA-compliant and helps providers promote their practice online, attract patients, and retain them for life. Learn more at patientpop.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.