Our Accounting Department ensures the accuracy, organization, and timely reporting of the company’s domestic and international financial operations. Our accountants perform financial functions related to the collection, analysis, and presentation of the company’s finances. They manage our general ledger, analyze accounts, prepare financial statements and produce comprehensive financial reports for management- all integral and vital to the company’s growth and success.
GumGum’s Accounting and Finance Department is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Senior Accountant at GumGum, you will report to the Accounting Manager and be primarily responsible for managing the general ledger, analyzing accounts and creating financial reports. The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-directed and team oriented with strong G/L and technical accounting experience and the resourcefulness to take on a variety of assignments.
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work papers for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Create and maintain accounting schedules and roll-forwards for fixed assets, prepaids and accruals, record associated monthly adjusting journal entries, and report on results when necessary
- Build out and maintain the process of recording and reconciling capitalized software and publisher commissions
- Perform monthly/quarterly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses and provide explanation on variances
- Support annual internal and external financial and international statutory audits, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- Support management team with ad hoc requests
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- BS/BA in related field is required. Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required. IFRS and JP GAAP preferred
- Experience maintaining schedules is a must!
- Experience with financial statement analytics and trend analyses
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, meet deadlines and learn quickly in a high-volume environment
- Proven track record of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Team oriented with a positive attitude
Benefits & Perks
- Strong medical, dental and vision plans
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- 401k plus match
- Pet wellness discount
- Commuter perks
- Generous paid parental leave
- Stock incentive program
- Unlimited paid time off and sick leave
- Fitness reimbursement
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Company-wide hackathons
- Stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Just blocks from the beach
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum
Careers at GumGum
GumGum Women in Tech Panel - Living a Balanced Life
Women of GumGum Around the World
Innovators in Esports Content
Sponsorship Targeting with Visual Intelligence
GumGum Sports - Sizzle Reel - 2019 (EMEA)
GumGum - LinkedIn
GumGum is committed to providing equal opportunities. GumGum prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.