Senior Accountant at Flo Technologies
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:08 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, November 21, 2019
Who we are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available in Home Depot stores, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
- Individuals Make an Impact
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on User Experience
- Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for:
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. We are searching for a Senior Accountant who is a highly motivated individual who will deliver accurate and speedy work. The ideal candidate loves working with numbers, has a solid background in accounting, and is always ready to do what it takes to tackle projects of all sizes.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end to end accounts payable process from creation of suppliers in Netsuite, preparation of invoices for approval and payment, and application of expenses to appropriate GL accounts
- Manage accounts receivable billing, collection and AR aging review processes
- Investigate and resolve any general ledger/subledger discrepancies
- Assist with monthly margin analysis, revenue/AR reconciliation, and other ad hoc reporting
- Facilitate the expense reimbursement processes and manage adherence to company guidelines
- Contribute to the full cycle accounting process including journal entries, month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statement preparation
- Assist with the maintenance and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and accruals
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years accounting experience in Accounts Payable or General Accounting.
- 1+ years of NetSuite (or equivalent ERP systems) experience
- Ability to work independently and with teams across the organization
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently
Who you might be (we can teach you if you’re not):
- CPA preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Netsuite or previous Netsuite administrator experience
- Proficiency with Shopify, Expensify, ADP
- Start-up experience
- Experience with payroll processing
What you will get:
Competitive market compensation, a new laptop, unlimited vacation, medical, dental, vision, weekly catered lunch, a team that’s fun to be around, and a beautiful new office in the heart of Culver City in Los Angeles, steps from the Expo.
Read Full Job Description