We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Epic Rights, a division of Bravado/Universal Music Group, is a full-service global branding, licensing and social media marketing company dedicated to building celebrity and entertainment brands via its broad global network of retailers, licensees and agents. Working with a roster of top clients and brands, Epic Rights' services include licensing/branding, music merchandising, social media management, VIP ticketing and fan clubs. Epic Rights is headquartered in West Hollywood, California.
The Senior Accountant, under supervision of the Controller, prepares and delivers timely, accurate and relevant financial statements monthly.
- Assists the Controller in preparing timely and accurate financial statements
- Prepares monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting.
- Conducts account analysis of asset and liability accounts to ensure proper recording in the General Ledger.
- Analyses both the line of business and artist P&L's for better insights to profitability.
- Prepares accrual's, deferrals, adjusting, allocating and reversing Journal entries as needed.
- Ensures that all entries and analysis are properly documented and stored for future retrieval.
- Prepares royalty statements for our artists and photographers as needed.
- Coordinates settlements with assigned distribution partners, reviewing their submissions and making sure they agree to contract.
- Prepares settlements for partners for lines of business where Epic acts as the distributor.
- Provides direction to other staff members on transaction coding to ensure proper handling both for financial statement and royalty purposes.
- Supports Controller in preparation of annual budgets and periodic re-forecasts
- Backs up the staff accountant and the senior royalty accountant when the volume of work requires it.
- Assist's the Controller in architecting and setting up business systems to capture, process, track and summarize financial information required to both run the company and provide timely reporting to our clients.
- Produces reports, including commentary providing financial insights, for Epic's management team.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Assists the Controller in the establishment and enforcement of Internal Controls.
- Special Projects as required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with database development and administration a plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Previous experience in music merchandising and royalty accounting is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to wear many hats; has a roll up your sleeves can do attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- Four or more years of progressive financial experience with general accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting, and royalties.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.