SENIOR ACCOUNTANT at TeleSign
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
The Senior Accountant will be a member of the TeleSign corporate HQ Accounting team, responsible for designing and managing the month-end close process, monthly reconciliations, and assisting with financial reporting and other critical accounting projects considering TeleSign’s growth.
This job reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and is based in Marina del Rey, Ca.
- Record and help review month end journal entries including accruals, prepaid expenses, fixed asset depreciation, deferred rent/revenue, internally developed software, payroll, and intercompany transfer pricing
- Perform, maintain, and help review balance sheet reconciliations for multiple subsidiaries
- Review AP invoices entered in Concur system, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Help direct daily activities of junior staff members
- Ensure proper adherence of internal controls to maintain the integrity over financial reporting
- Support annual compliance with all federal, state, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations
- Serve as key player in the coordination of subsidiary audits and gathering of required PBC’s
- Assist with the preparation of worldwide consolidated financial statements
- Support worldwide accounting operations include accounts payable/receivable, payroll, employee expense reimbursement, and financial system implementations/improvements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, organized, process driven, and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Calendar and deadline driven
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of related experience (ideally 2+ years in public accounting: attestation/audit)
- Netsuite or SAP experience a plus
- Concur experience a plus
- Previous ERP system implementation involvement
- Experience closing multi-subsidiary books at a fast-paced company
- CPA a plus
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.