Senior Accountant at sweetgreen
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Below is what we are looking for in our Senior Accountant:
- Responsible for leading the monthly close process:
- Preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyze general ledger accounts, identifying necessary accruals, adjustments, and reclasses
- Review staff accountant’s journal entries and account reconciliations, confirming accuracy or following up on items needing further investigation or adjustment
- Work with accounting manager to ensure tasks are completed in accordance with weekly and period end close deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA is not required but is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel and its functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pick up computer programs quickly
- Attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment, helping staff troubleshoot periodic challenges
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done in a deadline driven profession
- 5-8 years of accounting experience, preferably with multi-unit industries
- Minimum 1 year of senior accountant experience with a heavy focus on general ledger accounting
- Prior experience with financial reporting a plus
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.