We move our economy with better design and technology
Shippabo is a cloud-based supply chain management platform built by a team of shippers and supported by global logistics experts. Through Shippabo, businesses can oversee their supply chain from anywhere, at any time, and on their terms.
To empower everyone along the supply chain by bringing greater transparency, collaboration, and actionable data to the world of shipping and logistics.
Here at Shippabo, we believe in the power of empathy and trust, proactivity and resoluteness, continual learning and transparency. These values guide everything we do, internally and for our customers.
We’re a team of shippers, logistics experts, and technologists motivated by our massive shared opportunity: To transform the shipping industry. We’re tenacious, driven workers who believe deeply in achieving our mission, while remaining supportive and empathetic coworkers.
We expect nothing less than an actively inclusive work environment. And we’re committed to hiring the best team we can — regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
This is an influential role that will assist in overseeing accounting in a high energy and startup team. This role will manage month-end close, establish key accounting processes, and work on strategic projects as we grow. You will improve the efficiency of overall accounting processes through automation and outsourcing, work cross-functionally with Product/Analytics/Engineering to develop and enhance systems, and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire organization.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice; perform monthly and quarterly revenue fluctuation analysis, metrics reporting, and other ad hoc analysis as requested;
- Build, document, and implement policies and procedures for the AP and AR functions that drive efficiency across the business;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for CEO, COO, and investors as needed
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies;
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals;
- Report to management regarding the finances of an establishment. Company SOP compliance.
- Liaise with outside HR/payroll service to review payroll reports, benefits costs etc
- You will own critical accounting projects, including implementation of new systems
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA (active or inactive)
- 4+ years in preparing financial statements with an intermediate-advanced knowledge of accounting, 2+ years of public accounting experience
- 2+ years in G/L function and month-end close process experience
- Tech and logistics industry experience is a plus
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrives with minimal supervision in a start-up environment
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)