Senior Accountant at Ruggable (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We're a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
The senior accountant will be responsible for a variety of monthly reconciliations but also have the opportunity to make an impact as we roll out our ERP system and expand into new markets. The senior will work closely with a variety of other departments such as our marketing, operations, and supply chain teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and reconcile various accounts as part of the month end close, including fixed assets and inventory
- Provide support on accounting research topics
- Design new month-end procedures and working files as ERP system is implemented
- Assist accounting team with inventory accounting: creation of inventory listings and roll forward schedules
- Support on monthly financial reporting: provide analysis and assist with supplementary schedules
- Provide support on annual audit
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to controller and accounting manager/director on various projects
- Assist with additional software and systems implementations
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting with proven record of success
- Degree in accounting
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and theory
- CPA license or CPA candidate
- Public accounting experience or industry experience with a high growth CPG company
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to work with large datasets
- Experience with NetSuite is a strong plus
- Experience working with E-Commerce or manufacturing is a plus
- International accounting with multi-currency experience
- $85,000 - $100,000 per year
- Annual bonus percentage dependent on level of role
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.