Grindr is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who can be a key contributor in a high-energy finance department. He/She will be an accountable (pun-intended) team player.
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure that financial statements are GAAP compliant
- Support accounting operations include accounts payable, payroll, employee expense reimbursement, corporate credit card program management, simple tax filings, and financial system implementations/improvements
- Perform and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for multiple subsidiaries
- Prepare and assist in review of monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Ensure proper adherence of internal controls to maintain the integrity over financial reporting
- Help manage worldwide financial statement audit request lists
- Provide proper recordkeeping for other various audits that may come up (IRS, 401k) and other potential requestors like tax returns and provision
- Assist with the preparation of management reports
- Assist with implementing and improving ERP system.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Detailed oriented and willing to roll up the sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, comfortable working under minimum supervision
- Flexible and resourceful enough to deal with urgent requests, and sudden and unexpected issues come up from time to time
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience in Oracle is a plus
- Ability to systematically organize and prioritize multiple activities and/or projects to meet competing deadlines
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Bachelor's degree (accounting, business, or finance major preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable and payroll
- CPA is a plus
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick time
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.