Royalty Analyst at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalog of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artists and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our Shared Services team in handling incoming inquiries and calls from royalty vendors/publishers.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the music industry. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
How you'll CREATE:
- Assist with all incoming inquiries to the help desk
- Analyze and route incoming royalty inquiries to the appropriate department
- Communicate with vendors via phone and email
- Mainframe data entry
- Update and maintain Royalty Statement Portal accounts
- Assist with vendor maintenance functions as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong customer service and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Access a plus.
- Knowledge of Zendesk customer service software a plus.
- Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus.
- Music Industry experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Call center experience a plus
- 4-year college degree preferably in Music Business a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.