We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our Artist Royalty team in preparing and analysing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
• Analyse and brief artist contracts for royalty obligations
• Set up releases in accordance with contracts
• Mainframe data entry
• Create and maintain detailed artist accounts
• Review and send artist statements and checks quarterly
• Assist with daily inquiries in a timely manner
• Assist with Month-end tasks
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access knowledge of One Note a plus.
• Working knowledge of P.C. and mainframe computer systems.
• Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus.
• Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.