Revenue Senior Associate
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is seeking a Revenue Senior Associate that will collaborate with other individuals in the Revenue Department to oversee the order to cash process from a revenue accounting perspective. Reporting to the Revenue Manager, the Revenue Senior Associate will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of all aspects of revenue accounting. Learn The Trade Desk platform in terms of applying revenue recognition principles, to ensure efficiency and accuracy of transactional processing from a technical accounting and operational perspective. The Revenue Senior Associate will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting and analysis of all aspects of revenue accounting.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Understand the AR/credit/billings process/platform and review changes to systems and test (platform)
- Follow policies and systems to assist in efficient and accurate revenue accounting
- Assist in review of revenue contracts. Summarize key terms, issues and seek approvals as needed; document contract changes and/or new customer contracts.
- Prepare quarterly reserves analysis. Responsible for month end revenue close including journal entries and account reconciliations related to revenue, accruals, reserves, and related expenses.
- Assist in implementing business process improvements for the Trade Desk revenue accounting cycle
- Work with external auditors to ensure revenue recognition interpretations are consistent with GAAP/company policy and provide related support
- Perform monthly transaction level review controls within the order to cash process
- Support external SEC reporting and SOX processes, as needed
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A BA degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in revenue recognition preferably with experience in public accounting/revenue accounting
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of revenue accounting and financial principles, preferred
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment and have a willingness to learn
- Proficient in the use of Excel and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with revenue accounting/reporting systems preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.