Revenue Accountant at Procore Technologies
Procore is looking for a highly motivated Revenue Accountant to join our team. In this role, you’ll play a critical part in revenue close, preparation of analytical revenue reports, accounts receivable, and reconciling annual recurring revenue. This position requires strong analytical and investigative skills, attention to detail, and the ability to carry out multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
This role reports to our Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting and has the opportunity to work remotely or be based out of any of our U.S. offices.
What you’ll do:
- Timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis
- Work with the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager on various technical accounting matters for guidance and implementation of the proper accounting treatment
- Partner with upstream teams in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available
- Monitor professional services transactions and record revenue when professional services are delivered or expire
- Assist the Finance team with ad hoc research, reporting and projects as it pertains to revenue, deferred revenue and annual revenue
- Prepare complex spreadsheets, utilizing graphs and extensive use of analytical tools (pivots, lookups) to illustrate findings and report results
- Mine data and analyze trends while explaining variances
- Participate in special revenue related projects and performing additional duties as required
- Assist with SOX and financial audits (PBC items, document support, reports)
- Assist with month-end collectability and bad debt reserve process and analysis; book adjusting entries as appropriate for the month end close
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred; CPA License preferred
- 5+ years of progressive global accounting experience in a public or private company preferably with some revenue recognition experience
- ASC606/SaaS/multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; professional skepticism and a willingness to question why something is being done
- Desire for continuous processes improvement
- Ability to work proactively and independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- A working knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Zuora, RevPro, SalesForce software applications is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.