Purchasing & Accounts Payable Associate
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self-drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
The Purchasing & Accounts Payable Associate supports Inspire with all AP and Purchasing functions. This role offers exposure to a variety of support responsibilities in the Accounting team.
The ideal candidate is motivated to work at a purpose-driven company and be part of a mission. You have demonstrated stellar judgment, have an ownership mentality and take responsibility for key outcomes. You are organized, detail oriented and communicate clearly and effectively. You are willing to be hands-on and do all levels of work and ‘pitch-in’ as needed.
- Maintain Accounts Payable process from new vendor onboarding, invoice entry and payment processing.
- Review and approve all purchase requests.
- Process all payments and obtain all supporting documentation including bills and receipts associated with business purchases on the company card.
- Reconcile all business purchases on the credit card to the statement on a monthly basis.
- Process employee expense reimbursements in accordance with the Company Expense Policy.
- Assist with other Accounting needs as requested.
- Accounts Payable experience required
- 1-2 years of experience working in a business setting
- Bachelors degree (Accounting major preferred)
- Experience working with startups or growth stage companies is preferred
- Experience in QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and Expensify is preferred
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Lots of cupcakes