FloQast is seeking a talented and analytical Payroll Specialist to own our payroll function. You will act as an internal expert for FloQast's current HRIS (Paycom) and work with human resources to organize and optimize FloQast’s HR practices. This role will be responsible for the timely processing of the company's bi-monthly payroll as well as off-cycle payrolls and manual checks.
The ideal candidate will ensure that FloQast adopts payroll best practices within the HRIS to support a variety of HR programs and workflows including, but not limited to, on and off-boarding, compensation, annual performance reviews, benefits administration, open enrollment, payroll and reporting efforts.
We are currently using Paycom as our HRIS with plans to demo other global vendors and implement a new HRIS for an estimated January 01, 2023 launch date. This role will have the unique opportunity to assist in the implementation and migration process and collaborate with various internal stakeholders.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What You'll Do:
- Own, maintain, and enhance the day-to-day activities as well as the entire employee lifecycle in our HR information systems
- Ensure that bi-monthly payroll is processed in a timely manner
- Process off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as required
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Record and process employee information including, but not limited to, leave of absences, salary changes, reporting changes, etc.
- Ensure new hires complete all required paperwork in HRIS and that the data flows into payroll properly
- Manage the registration process of new state tax registrations and perform required ongoing maintenance for tax filings in the HRIS
- Ensure the integrity of employee tax profiles
- Manage leave of absence and unpaid leave payroll processes for employees
- Work closely with HRIS Manager to ensure that we are making best use of HRIS functionality
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ experience in Payroll Specialist, or similar, role
- Experience maintaining strict confidentiality and accuracy of data and information
- Experience processing payroll in a company experiencing rapid growth
- Proven successful experience participating in migration to a new HRIS system
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
- Strong Excel skills
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow ups
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Impeccable work ethic and integrity with high ethical standards
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- CPP preferred
About FloQast www.floqast.com
Recognized as a 2020 Technology Fast 500 by Deloitte, FloQast is the leader in accounting workflow automation created by accountants for accountants to work smarter, not harder. The cloud-based, AI-enhanced software is trusted by more than 1,000 accounting teams, including those at Lyft, Twilio, Instacart, Zoom and The Golden State Warriors—and proud to be rated #1 across all user review sites. By automating common accounting workflows and helping to streamline and make them more efficient, FloQast is the place where accounting teams want to work so they can focus on what matters most, even when that’s just going home on time. Whether automating reconciliations, documentation requests or other workflows such as the month-end close, financial reporting or payroll, FloQast enhances the way accounting teams already work to help them work smarter. Learn more at floqast.com.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check us out on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
-Named Inc's Best Workplaces in 2021
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.
If you are a Colorado or Connecticut resident, please contact us by emailing [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email