Payroll Specialist at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist who will initially be reporting to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the management of weekly and semi-monthly payroll, including off-cycle payroll runs.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and process semi-monthly, weekly and off-cycle payroll
- Assist in timely and accurate payroll tax filings
- Analyze and address payroll issues and timekeeping inquiries from employees and managers to provide appropriate resolutions
- Coordinate with HR/People team to ensure proper workflow of employee data
- Support ad hoc and ongoing process improvement projects
- Maintain appropriate payroll quality controls and backup systems
- Meticulously maintain and update accurate payroll records
- Follow and enforce company policies, keep apprised with federal, state, and local payroll laws
- Assist the accounting and finance teams with reporting requirements and KPI’s such as creating and distributing by-department payroll reports and accounting entries
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience processing payroll independently
- Experience working with HR/Payroll and timekeeping software
- Ultimate Software and/or Namely experience highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll practices and relevant payroll laws and regulations
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience processing multi-state payroll
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.